Go Ahead, Behold My Blog, I Allow You.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Month's Time Is Over

Post #16:
So today, the real reason why i was on the inter-weber-net was because i was looking up lyrics for a band called Panic! At The Disco. Sounds strange? Well too bad, i like their music, sue me. Okay, that was randomly aggressive for some reason... hmm.
So their songs are really strange and most of the songs that i have on my pod... well the titles don't really make sense when it comes to the meaning of the songs and the lyrics.
One song i have is called: The Only Difference Between Martyrdom And Suicide Is Press Coverage.
Hmm...
Awhile ago, when i first saw the song, i looked up what the heck martyrdom is and it's when... well, say it was the law that everyone had to become a Christian and there was a Buddhist who was all like: no effing way, i would never turn my back on my religion. So he kills himself, or lets himself be killed, so he doesn't have to do so. That's martyrdom. Which sort of sounds like suicide. Just a bit. So the title is saying that the only difference between killing yourself to keep yourself from changing your religion and just killing yourself because you were a depressed maniac is the buzz the media makes of it. I'm guessing suicide is a bigger deal.
I just realized that i can make my history teacher proud by stating that, due to the first amendment, i'm sure the martyrdom problem in this fine country is pretty low.
Alright, so that's an interestingly observant title, so what would this song be about? Actually it's not about killing yourself... or anyone at all. I looked up the meaning and it said that it was about how artist's aren't true to themselves and are looking for acceptance or something like that.
Some lyrics are like this:
Swore to shake it up, if you swore to listen
We're still so young, and desperate for attention
i aim to be, your eyes, trophy boys, trophy wives
That sound like... i'll dance around and be awesome, as long as you promise to watch me do so. The second line is pretty self-explanatory. The last line is sort of odd. Just the first part. I aim to be your eyes. Maybe he's saying that he wants to see whatever the critics see? Here, i'll add in a link to... well i hope there's a music video for it. I'm not sure. There's really no other reliable way to try to show you it. Here's the LINK
It's an oddly catchy song. I found a video version with the lyrics and not an actual "music video."
After reading this post, i ask you to watch the video. Just for the heck of... maybe so you can decipher it, whatever you want. You really don't have to if you want to, but hey, you'll be missing an opportunity to waste more time on the inter-weber-net! The lyrics i stated are said around the 30 second mark... here i checked, around 33 or 34 seconds. So you have fun with that.
... Alright i just watched the whole video and i must admit that the pictures in it are kind of weird... but it has the song and the lyrics... so just grin and bear it, yes?

Hmm... i had an actual reason for posting... i just don't remember what it was
Oh, never-frickin'-mind! It has to do with the title of this post.
So a month is over, so the poll is closed (a new will open soon) and the stuff at the bottom of the page, like the monthly saying and dumb question, have been changed. So you enjoy those for a month. I think the month mark passed a couple days ago actually. Oh well, better late then never. Now i have to sit around for a while and think of a poll question.
The last poll was a fail, i got four votes, one of them mine. I feel that i added too many answer options. The next one will probably be a simple yes or no poll. Remember, it's on the side of the page.
Here's the results of the last post:
Your Favorite Band/Artist:
Evanescence
Lady Gaga
Linkin Park
My Chemical Romance
Panic! At The Disco
All with 50% of the votes.

Right now, i'm watching a music video on my iPod. The Ballad Of Mona Lisa. Also by Panic! At The Disco
Truthfully, i haven't watched a lot of P!ATD music videos, but this one is my favorite so far. When my sister found it we sat together and tried to decipher it and the song. We have a pretty good understanding of what they both mean. I would go on about what it means, but unless you watch the video (and i'm sure most of you will be too lazy to watch it) then it would be a couple of  long paragraph of ranting and stuff that makes no sense to you. So i'll save you the heartache... and myself the trouble. So i'll just give you the link J.I.C. (just in case) though i have a very small margin in me that says you'll actually watch it. LINK
The main reason why i decided to tell you about me watching this is because of something funny Lewis and I said during lunch.
Now, if you've read a comment by An. JKIM (i think she's Keedra 12 when she said it) you would have saw that she commented: Lewis is a girl, silly
Yes, Lewis is a girl, with a real girl name and everything. Lewis is her alias because it's what her sister would call her. I've been referring to her as a guy, using words like "him" because i wasn't sure how deep she wanted to go into her alias, so i went one the safe side. If you've ever went to her blog, you would see that it's pink. (explain a lot?)
So Lewis also enjoys P!ATD, so at lunch when she was talking about a guy and referred to him as "adorable" So i went on and asked: "Puppy adorable or Brendon Urie adorable?"
(Brendon is the lead singer of P!ATD. If you watch the video, you would agree... if you're a girl.)
She said puppy adorable... i guess no one can really be Brendon adorable
unless you're Brendon Urie
=D
Okay, i had to go teen girl crazy for a moment there, because i've never really confessed i thought a guy was cute before... other than before my first boyfriend. That's about it. No one's really attractive enough for me to have to acknowledge it.
Hmm
Alright then... what next? What shall i blog about? I'm not sure. I covered the main reason why i came to post and then my side distraction of the day.
Okay i guess i'll sign off now. I'm so distracted thinking about nothing at all and then stressing over how i should do my history homework. oh yeah, and watching NCIS isn't helping either.
This is Unicorn Slayer saying: ... i really need a poll idea (i almost forgot about that)

                                                  Unicorn Slayer

No comments:

Post a Comment