Go Ahead, Behold My Blog, I Allow You.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Creative Writing... Probably Some Other Stuff Too

Post#25:
     As i told you a couple posts back, i go to a creative writing class... well i guess it's not a class because we don't learn anything really, but i don't want to call it a creative writing club because that sounds like something you join in second grade and you write stories about a princess who befriends a dragon that breathes gold coin... so i guess i'm going to call it a class.
Anyways, i went there on Monday and I've been going once a month ever since last June... and I'm not sure if this should be a huge confidence boost or a weight on my shoulders for expectations but... my teacher thinks i'm amazing!  (=o
     The last assignment we got was to write a story using a one paragraph prompt she gave us as a springboard. My story was 14 pages long... but other than waiting for my printer to print it for what seemed to be five hours, nothing about the length screwed with anything, so anyways, we were all offered a chance to read our stories and my teacher was all like, "I doubt we can get to (unicorn slayer's) because it's probably sixteen pages long." Then i told her it was fourteen, we laughed, and then she said that because i was such an awesome writer that she was just going to photocopy my story for everyone to take home and read! Then she asked me if that was okay and i said that that was fine and she went on telling everyone how amazing i was! She said something like, "You know how some writers add in three pages describing something that isn't even important to the story and after you read it you wonder why you had to read it? Well that doesn't happen with (unicorn slayer.) She always has consistent information and her stories are always good."
I was sorta like: =O
Then i was like: (=D and i said thanks and i was smiling like an idiot because it was sort of embarrassing and my teacher/adviser said sorry for embarrassing me and then in five minutes she said all that stuff again when she got up to photocopy my story. 
      I was thinking: Oh God, did i do good on this story? Did i say anything stupid? I swore a couple times and used some bad language... but...

     It Freaked Me Out!

     I write two good stories in the beginning and all of the sudden i'm amazing? Maybe i'm being too modest but i guess it's better to be down on yourself then think every word you write is going to make people cry because they're so beautiful. (if only i had the power to do that)
     That sounds like a Superhero! Word Girl! Someone being mugged? I write a sentence full of emotion and throw it at the mugger and they start crying and regret the path they took and give the purse back and go back to high school. I gotta go contact Marvel!
Our newest assignment is... not even an assignment, but we were given a paper about a contest we can join if we want. We have to write a story about dragons in 1000 words or less. This is going to be hard for me because i love to babbled, but apparently my babble is good for the story... Here's the link to the contest site in case you want to try it out (you can win $50!) LINK

     So right now, and through this whole post, i've been listening to this song by Anna Blue called So Alone. I learned about this song becuase there was commercial to buy it as a ringtone. I think this song is beautiful and... amazing. I can kind of relate to Anna Blue because no one knows what her real face is, we just know what her animated counterpart looks like, sorta of like how you don't know who i really am... i kind of want an amimated counterpart now... whose way more beautiful than i am... it wound be like: you know me, but you don't. =P   I've been reading the comments and wow... people are mean! They're calling her emo and meaning it in a hurtful way and saying the song sucked and saying that the internet doesn't need anymore goth crap.
... you could just say you didn't like it.
Then these other people were fighting and telling each other to kill themselves and calling each other f-ing effs who eff their moms.
How could this song influence people to be so violent with their words?

     So in other news. Awhile ago i was looking through the blogs and i went one called: Remarkably Mark. The last post he put up, which was put up two years ago, began with his own theme song! I want my own theme song! Can someone out there please write me a theme song? Lewis, Morgan, random blog reader, maybe Anonymous, Gingavitis could you please write me a theme song? And make me an animated character.
Please?

Last article of business, maybe.
Summer projects.
I hate them. So. Much.
To get into the honor English class next year i have to read all these books and answer fifty stupid questions on them, and half those questions, i was asking them myself! I was like whaaaaaat? Then one of the questions would be like: what happened? and i would be all like, heck man, i don't know.
Hate. Them.
I also hate the fact that i'm forced to read books i don't want to read (i HATE war books!) and then i have to answer philosophical questions like: what was the true meaning of this book? and then i can't just answer, "Always be nice to your friends" because i have to explain myself and have examples from the book but sometimes i just think of meaning by the weight of the whole story itself, i don't have a specific example.
Then i have the exact opposite problem that i do when i creatively write, i have a minimum number of pages to write. I can't write three pages of why The Lord of Flies (which wasn't as good a book i was hoping) was about how people need to watch how they treat each other or one day we might just end up killing each other. I can barely write a paragraph of that.
Now i need to tell you some of those examples are exaggerated, i don't think i have to write three pages of anything, but really what i really have to do seems just as impossible.
So this project is due on August 7th and we have to read three books, The Lord Of The Flies (read it), I Am The Cheese (read it, but didn't really understand it), and A Separate Peace (didn't read it because its a dumb war book, which i HATE, plus we got five pages of info on it to help us understand it... is it really going to be so hard?)
Then for Lord Of Flies we have ten questions per chapter and there are like... twelve chapters, to answer and i'm up to about chapter four or five on those. (At least i started!) and we have to answer a philosophical question. Then for Cheese, there are a bunch of questions and that book was a little... mind game-ish, so i need to google it and get the low down on it. Then for Peace, there are... i think a prompt and then the info papers have a bunch of little activities to do. *sigh*

     I don't want to grow up. I hope that one day something in my brain will click into place and i'll clean my house every day and get up early to meditate before i go work which is where everyone just loves me and the jobs i get, i finish within a couple of days.
     Thinking about the future makes me want to cry. I mean, next year i get my license... the only reason why that excites me is because i can go to the movies whenever i want and see the newest movie, or i can go the library whenever i want and be alone in the peace for hours. That's it. Films and Literature. I found my natural talent. (Sims 2 reference)
     My license. Then what, work? My sister wakes up at 7-8 in the morning to go to work and... it's summer. I hate waking up early, let alone during the summer. I'm going to take my waning innocence this year and love the Saturdays where i sleep to eleven in the morning. But of course, life is going to get in my way of a good time.
     Wow, i'm so depressed right now. I've gotta get this wonderfully sad song out of my head or i'm going to curl up with my kitty after posting this and i'm going to cry into her soft fur.
     I'm such an immature little baby, crying over the fact that life is harder than... harder than... harder than it has been. I should find myself lucky that i have a future, but then again. I'm to busy living in early years where i could spend my summer alone all day in my room, watching TV, thinking about nothing other than when a new episode of my favorite show was coming on. Sleeping until one in the afternoon and staying awake until five in the morning. But really, unless i get a just as a hooker... (which is not happening, although i'm sure i'd look good in fishnets) well, that's just not reality.

     Well i'm going to go now. I'm going to listen to some Linkin Park, listen to them scream out the injustices in the world and listen to them sing about the horrible people in the world and maybe i'll feel a little better, myself. So this is Unicorn Slayer saying goodbye, goodnight, and... stay in school? Don't eat yellow snow? Do your homework? and always make sure you... pet your pets. (They're called pets for a reason.) (oh yeah, and don't forget about that theme song! If mine turtle gets a theme song, i can too! Writers of the world, unite!

                                                    Unicorn Slayer

1 comment:

  1. You are being to modest, I try writing and turns into poop unless it is a horror story... You are an awesome writer and one day I will become a director, just to make your books into movies. But the books will always be better. As. They. Should.

    Second,Dragons are freakin cool.

    Point C, LOL I HAVE YET TO FINISH MY ENGLISH AND I CAN'T FIND MY BOOKS! WOO!

    Lastly, I have no idea about the future but if the zombie apocalypse happened... I'm prepared.

    ReplyDelete