Go Ahead, Behold My Blog, I Allow You.

Monday, January 28, 2013

A Mix Of Chills, Not That Many Thrills, And my Amazement That I Still Have All My Toes

Post#36:

Cold. That pretty much sums things up for me now, as of lately.
Here, let me explain.
Let us jump back about... 9 days ago.

The Snowball dance.
No, I didn't go, I learned my lesson last dance. Two of my friends went and the rest of us met up at one of my friends house after exploring our great mall.
The only reason why these two days have anything to do with The Cold is because the dance is called The Snowball and snow is cold. I also just wanted to tell you of my fun weekend.

Anyways.

Lets go to about 6 days ago.

The day after Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Everyone still wants their sleep and weekends. So, the snow said, sure thing!
Two Hour delay!
Woooo!
I was unsure if I should wake up earlier and do some fun things in the morning to pump myself up for school, or if I should sleep until I almost miss the bus.
Option number two shined a little brighter when the time came.
School sucked.
The first semester was over so my friends who I have study hall with now have to go to gym instead. Now, I do enjoy some one-on-one, let's think about life, time with myself so this wasn't the worst problem.
No.
My worst problem.
The Cold.
The room I have study hall in is only used twice a day, and has this windows in the back that are just... cold.
I was going to move myself to the back so I could stay away from those I hate. (Perv King, for one) But I can't because the entire back row is either in front of the windows or in front of the heater that blows cold air.
Now, the seats are arranged in a loose horseshoe shape with three different levels (it used to be the music/chorus room) So, if you were looking from behind, so the horseshoe was in a U shape, I would be on the left tip.
Perv King and his lackey team of The Undesirables congealed over on the right tip, so even though I'm far away  from them, I still have to look at them... I can't look up in thought without staring at them.
Ugg.
(anyways, back to The Cold)
I seriously feels like someone had a window open in there. I don't like to sit down because the chairs are so cold. The whole period, I sit there shivering!

It's horrible.

The Cold's arms snake up my legs and hug tight around my stomach while its hands and fingers grab at my neck and head.

Oh God.
Please no.

Let's jump ahead a day after that.
A refreshing two hour delay delighted us all.
What could be better?
How about...

Another Two Hour delay?!
Two two hour delays in a row.
After that, expectations were high and we were let down by the school board.

Now, enter Saturday.
My sister wanted to try out some things for her senior pictures, so my mother, brother and I went out in the cold with her as she flung around snow.
Then my dad got this great idea about some of the places in the woods surrounding our house.
We trekked in the woods, singing loving songs about SlenderMan, whistling the Hunger Games whistle, and in the end we danced Gangnam Style in the snow, and quoted PewDiePie.
It was odd.
When we got home we then watched The Hunger Games so my dad would understand what we were talking about.
It was cold and uphill and my legs ached and my toes were numb.

Enter Sunday.
We went to the area around our camp. My sister was ice skating on a frozen creek.
It was pretty cool.
And Cold.
The Cold.
My sister was in a dress and I was in a sweatshirt and coat.
I have to admire her for that.
My toes weren't just numb, but pained.
We got some good pictures though.

Now, we go to today.
Better than a two hour delay?
Cancelation!
Woo!
I even got up today and ate breakfast and finished the Reeses Puffs!
But still, I didn't want to get up, so things were all good.
Today was actually quite warm, at least it was inside in my room.

But still.....

The Cold controls my life.
It's always there, a constant reminder of the bad.
Just waiting for the moment to jump on me.
To take me over.
I wish I could fend it off, but it's stronger than me.
Powerless.

*Sigh*

I truly and honestly hate winter. And we're only about halfway through it.
I thought the only reason why I hated it was because I'm a summer baby and it's natural to hate the opposite season, but... I really hate winter! I do.
Too cold. Too much school. Too much depression abound because of the cold and school.
Freaking winter.

This is UnicornSlayer, leaving you with her words of wisdom: Winter... it really freaking sucks!

UnicornSlayer

1 comment:

  1. Well, at least you have snow... Where I live, it hasn't really snowed yet (or at least, not a decent snow)... :/ It stinks when it's just cold, no benefits... (Makes me want it to just be spring if the weather won't be kind enough to give snow...

    ReplyDelete